The last two weeks may have possibly been the most boring two weeks of my life ever. All that’s happened is a flu that struck conveniently two days before the 18th annual celebration of my successful trips around the sun, so I spent my birthday in bed, mostly fighting fevers, moaning, and wishing I was dead.

Mom had to remove any potentially harmful objects from my reach so I wasn’t tempted to take drastic measures. This included Fruit Rollups.

And not only that, but my wonderful family followed suit, and then my friends (who are always trying to be just like me because I’m obviously awesome) decided they would pick up the sickness too. One right after another. Christian for four days, then Cliffy for three, and now Chris has got it.

Guess what day Chris got it?

Two days ago.

On his birthday.

Happy birthday.


I swear I’ve texted the question “How are you feeling” at least 8 dozen times over the last two weeks. They started looking into restraining orders for texting. Luckily such a thing doesn’t exist so I was able to bother them effectively.

So now, a week and a half later, I’ve yet to have my birthday party. I have no idea when we are actually going to have it. Luckily, I just don’t really care that much.

Plus I managed to go outside on the porch for a few minutes to talk to Clifford on my birthday and we got into a food fight.

Then I made him clean it all up.


So that was pretty much the highlight of the day. Nothing else happened.

Nor has anything happened since. Except the Superbowl. We watched that. That was actually a pretty good game, even though being the Steelers fans that we are, there really was no winning for us. We were happy when the Ravens won though. Can’t have those 50minus1ers tied for SB wins with us.
Course, the power did go out. Everyone was quite confused at that moment.

We were all waiting for Bane to come out and be like “Hello citizens of New Orleans”

Sadly(?) that never happened and 5 minutes later they had fixed the issue and the game resumed.

Really I was just hoping for this.

Also never happened.


Since the both of the boys missed half a week of school, they spent the other half making up for the homework they missed.

Needless to say, we haven’t seen much of them.

Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

Until then, I have to find other ways to entertain myself. Like watching 5 seasons of Malcolm in the Middle and having  text conversations like the one I had last night with Christian.

Christian: We are done playing.

Me: Ahoy matey.

Christian: Yeah

Me: I turned into a pirate while you were gone.

Christian: Sweet. Did you find any gold?

Me: I wish.
I did get a sweet hat though.

Christian: …Photoshop…

Me: No way. This is legit.

Christian: Arrrrgh

Me: It’s contagious! Are you going to be a pirate with me?

Christian: Heck yes.


Now we can rule the seven seas.

Then this morning I sent this as school started:

Have a spectacularly awesome and piratey day!

Needless to say, today has been a pretty good day so far.

  • Share/Bookmark