Since I had to take the Idiom book back to the library, I have decided to do a once-every-three-day favorite recipe. I am going to start with the dinner we had last night, Shepherds Pie.
Prep: About 25 min. Total: About 45 min.
What you need: (we doubled the recipe for our family of
1 lb. ground beef
2 cups hot mashed potatoes
1 cup Kraft shredded Cheddar cheese, divided ( any shredded cheese will do)
2 teaspoons garlic powder (we like lots of garlic)
1 can of baby corn
1 can green beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup gravy
1/2 cup of V8
1. Preheat oven to 375. Brown your meat in a large skillet. Drain.
2. Mix mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the garlic until well blended.
3. Stir gravy and veggies and if wanted, V8 into the meat.
4. Spoon meat mixture into a 9 in. square baking dish
5. Cover with the potato mixture.
6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and bake for 20 min. Enjoy!
Motifyed by my mother.
Original recipe from Kraft Foods and Family